#36 Matt Schwartz — Behind the Scenes of Executive Search
Tune in ladies and gents. Learn how someone thinks when they are recruiting highly compensated execs who get paid in the range of $500K to $2M in total compensation. Simple but not easy…
ITunes, link — http://bit.ly/STS36podcast
Matt Schwartz started his executive search firm back in 2003. After looking for his next gig working in a search firm he quickly realized that he could go out on his own. Fifteen years later and growing his firm “one logo at a time” his company is known for bringing “Transformative Talent” into companies.
Matt’s mindset when he first started MJS Exec Search — “Building MJS Search, one logo at a time” — great mindset and helpful for anyone who is looking up the mountain to build a business.
His recruiting firm recruits some big players in the executive space who make anywhere from $500K to $2M in total compensation. He gets the work that must go in when recruiting and helping companies transform their talent. He has worked with some of the biggest brands — Pepsi, Fila, American Express and Groupon.
- Ben/Matt find common ground with coffee, Sumato Coffee of course
- Matt talks about how he came to start his own business 15 years ago
- Matt’s background — from formative years to now
- Importance of employment branding and recruiting
- Key Trends coming in 2018 — AI, employee engagement, etc.
- Matt’s friend who gets a bag of Sumato Coffee.
Matt’s website — https://www.mjsearch.com/
Matt on LinkedIn — https://www.linkedin.com/in/mattschwartz1/