Secret Tech Sauce Podcast Episode #24 - Marvin Stickel - Pandora - Director of Recruiting
"Music is a language that most folks understand. It's funny how music can bring us together all the time. Pandora is the embodiment of that." - Marvin Stickel
Marvin's thoughts on Diversity & Inclusion - "If you are able to contribute and you don't, that is a sin." - Marvin Stickel
Marvin Stickel, Director of Recruiting at Pandora- a music streaming company focused on enriching lives by delivering music enjoyment and discovery. If you haven’t heard of Pandora then you probably would not listen to my podcast, with all due respect.
Marvin will take you on a journey from his early days of recruiting at Google to working hard at Pandora to mentoring, inclusion and Fatherhood. As you can see from Marvin's tweet below - we covered a lot on this show.
Marvin Stickel Tweet
Agenda for episode 24 of Secret Tech Sauce Podcast as follows:
- An approach on recruiting diverse talent from Marvin's Google days
- The importance of diversity when designing technology products
- Marvin’s background in relation to diversity and his musical background
- Insight into a career at Pandora and how music is a core part of Pandora's DNA
- Sourcing talent = Art + Science
- Marvin’s passion around inclusiveness and his willingness to push the boundaries
- Fatherhood, mentors and books
- And much, much more…
This podcast is brought to you by Anthology. - Anthology is careers reimagined. Get better job candidates using confidential data. They will do an anonymous job search to find passive candidates or connect passive candidates with employers.
Without further ado, please enjoy this highly musically endorsed episode. Podcast below.